Below is a video of Twitter Founder Biz Stone discussing his selction for Project Imaginat10n. My photo is discussed at approx 1m40s into the video. Project Imaginat10n is a national photography contest sponsored by Canon USA and endorsed by Oscar winning director Ron Howard.
1. Danielle Austen – “Dry Dock” in Backstory
2. Rachel Procell – “Fly” in Relationship
3. Mike Williams – “Have I Missed Something?” in Goal
4. Brooke Shaden – “The Sharing Game” in Obstacle
5. Sandra Rouse – “Morning” in Time
6. David Pritchard – “Plague Doctor Mask Portrait” in Character
7. Tom Stirling – “Stairwell Entity” in The Unknown
8. Sammie Saxon – “Lost In Blue” in Mood
9. Zach Isaacson – “Escapes” in Setting
10. David Saylor – “Discovering limits” in Discovery
Hurricane Sandy slammed the eastern seaboard last week and I was there with my camera to witness the storm in Salem Massachusetts. As the first high tide of the day approached I went down to the ocean a block or so from my house. I witnessed boats being tossed around in the water like toys, some had broken free from their anchors and where drifting. Some had crashed into others and some had hit the edge of the harbor as can be seen in one of the shots below. The photo’s seemed to have a tremendous impact on Flickr and I thought I would show them here too. Hurricanes are a terrible thing but for photographers it gives a unique opportunity to capture nature at its most violent.